Search This Blog

Saturday 21 June 2014

Busy Busy Busy

So...we are still not in the house :-(

We have been so busy over the last month and a half. Our little girl takes up a lot of time and then we have also got the carpets and tiles sorted to go in. These were booked for what was meant to be after handover but the builder is letting us still get them put on the dates. We have also had more and more trouble with our builder including my bathroom bath tapes (yes still!), shower heads, tiles, communication issues etc.Not worth going into all the details.

We had a pre PCI yesterday....basically what you would do for a PCI without us signing off on it, so they can address any problems and (hopefully) have them fixed by the 6th of July. This is the date the general manager of the business says it will be finished. If not they will be paying for any bills I can come up with for rent, hotel fees (as this is when we have told our landlord we will be out of our current house), storage fees etc.I still cannot believe how incompetent our builders are at scheduling and communication. It is ridiculous!

The pre PCI went okay, I took my parents along and they provided frequent distraction so that my husband and I didn't have the site manager on top of us the whole time. We found numerous things that need fixing but nothing too extreme. Many times the site manager tried to deter me from checking up on things but I am so glad I took out the plans and contract (Nope, he didn't bring a copy) and did check. For example I was 90% sure we had planned holes through our laundry cupboards to allow for the connection of washing machine dryer and powerpoint to the tapes and powerpoints hidden in the cupboard. He tried to tell me that they didn't do that etc and boy did I love proving him wrong when I showed that it was in the plans.

On a good front here is my beautiful staircase that has the balustrade fully installed and looks amazing!









No comments:

Post a Comment