Search This Blog

Sunday 29 September 2013

First Floor and Staircase!

This weeks email update from the builder read 'concrete will be poured this week, weather permitting' so we were excited and a bit reserved about going out to the block this weekend.
We were happy to find the concrete for the first floor had been poured-including the staircase!



The staircase design was always a stab in the dark, I knew roughly what I wanted but the builders were limited in what they could show me of my staircase by their design program. From what I can see I am very happy and it looks exactly how I wanted it to and better then the designs were leading me to believe.
This is the view down. We have a balcony going around three sides of the staircase. Quite a view!

The black boards at the top have another 3 steps hidden behind them that go off to the left and right

Here you can see the 3 steps that the black boards currently hide. We are having black, wrought iron look balustrade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment