Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 July 2012

The Epic Staircase

While we still haven't officially picked a builder yet, we are progressing with Ventura homes. They are currently doing up a building contract for us but we are still getting a more accurate quote from Lifestyle Homes. 
Ventura has provided me with some 3D images of my staircase as I have pointed out many times that I am concerned about if what is in my mind is what they are planning to build. I am pretty happy with the images they gave me. They have just put on a random balustrade for now. 
Front view, its about 1.5 meters wide and its biggest point

We chose to make it a hanging staircase. At a much later date we are planning to glass it in to create an inside garden and 2 draws that pull out from either side at the small part of the under-stair.

 It also gives the kitchen/dining room feel much larger.

 Here are the plans again so you can see where it sits in the house.
In a perfect world this is the type of balustrade we would have. Obviously is depends on what can be made and cost.
I am so excited about my staircase!!!
If you have any knowledge or tips on staircases or balustrade let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment